Thursday, January 20, 2011

Week 3 Organizing Challenge


I almost caved and gave up this week on tackling an organizing project. However, I convinced myself to tackle just one drawer. Just one. It might seem like no big deal, but I now have one more organized drawer than I did last week:-). Sometimes that's how it happens: one drawer, one shelf, one cupboard at a time. This is the drawer in our main bathroom. It was a complete disaster, with everything just thrown in there. I put things back where they belong (some things belonged in the garbage!) and then used dollar store containers to try to make sense of things. When my husband came to bed last night, he said, "I see you got lots of organizing done today!" I was so happy he noticed! Crazy thing is it only took me about 15-20 minutes to complete this drawer...it was starting that was the hard part.

Before: (No wonder I could never find the finger nail clippers!)



After:

Now everything is visible and easy to find. Each item has a home, and I know this will save me time (no more rummaging around for 15 minutes to find the finger nail clippers) and money (no more running out to the store to buy another pair of finger nail clippers when, after rummaging for 15 minutes, I still can't find the clippers!). It will also save me a lot of frustration, which is worth a lot in my books!

*I'm linking up to the 52 Weeks of Organizing Challenge hosted here by orgjunkie.com*

3 comments:

Alexandra said...

This looks great! I love the storage containers. Looking forward to seeing what you do next week.

Anonymous said...

I have found about 5 pairs since my YD and granddaughter left, and most of them are those baby ones!

Carol said...

Looks great. Yes organizing saves money, woo hoo!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...