Saturday, August 14, 2010

Piano Passion

I don't know what is with me lately, but I have just become incredibly interested in music again. I've given some serious thought to even taking some violin lessons - I have always wanted to learn to play the violin! I have also thought about possibly studying piano a little more seriously again. Oh how I wish I would have been a more dedicated piano student when I actually had the time :-) I have my Grade 8 Royal Conservatory, but I would love to get my Grade 10 someday. Just the other day I brought out a few of my old piano books and started playing a few classical pieces again. Then today, I rediscovered one of my favourite Canadian composers, Marie Andree Ostiguy. I LOVE her music! I chose 2 of her songs, Summer Sunday and Enchanted Forest, to be played at our wedding. One was for the candle lighters, and the other was for when the bridesmaids walked down the aisle. I am definitely going to be ordering some of her sheet music! I can't wait to get it and start practicing again. I just can't seem to get enough of classical music lately, and I am just itching to go to the symphony. I have only ever been to hear the symphony once, but I would love to go again. Anyway, as I type this I'm listening to one of Marie's performances on You Tube. I'm going to post it for you all to enjoy, too!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...