Monday, August 23, 2010

Menu Plan Monday (August 23, 2010)


Last week I was m.i.a. due to case of the stomach flu hitting our house hard. Thus, I didn't have a menu plan last week, and we survived off of toast and gatorade. We did run out for some ham & swiss sandwiches as we began to feel increasingly better. Our menu choices last week were rather limited by our appetite (or lack, thereof!). I'm happy to report we are all better now and back to eating "normal" food.
On a side note...as I am typing this up, my little girl is sitting in her high chair and currently dropping cheerios one by one onto the floor. She's very systematic. First, she looks at me, picks up a cheerio, and then tosses it over the edge. Then, she peers down at the growing pile of cheerios on the floor and then looks back at me with a look that says, "Aren't you going to pick those up, Mama?" Then, she picks up another cheerio and repeats it all over again. Ha!

Here's the plan for this week. Sorry for lack of recipe links. I just haven't gotten around to posting the recipes yet.

Sunday, August 22
Lunch: ate out
Supper: We had Chicken Stroganoff over Egg Noodles (recipe to come), Salad

Monday, August 23
BLT Sandwiches, Baked French Fries

Tuesday, August 24
Homemade Creamy Macaroni & Cheese (I'm going to look at a few different recipes and come up with my own version I'll share later) , Salad

Wednesday, August 25
Crockpot Super Short Ribs, Rice, Veggies (probably green beans. HA!)

Thursday, August 26
BBQing Hamburgers, Coleslaw, maybe potato or pasta salad

Friday, August 27
Homemade Pizza, Salad

Saturday, August 28
Leftover Pizza for lunch, Tacos for supper

Baking/Desserts/Other This Week
Rhubarb Crisp
Freezing MORE Beans
Canning More Strawberry/Rhubarb Jam
Birthday Cake

*For more great meal ideas, visit Menu Plan Monday hosted by orgjunkie.com*

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...