Monday, April 25, 2011

Mommy Moment Mondays

I thought I might try something new and blog about a "Mommy Moment" every Monday. There's bound to be something funny or interesting that happens during the week related to be a Mommy. Here's a funny Mommy Moment from this past week:

Last week we attempted to switch Ellie over from her crib to her toddler bed. We started with nap time as I was better prepared for a long drawn out battle in the afternoon than I would be at night time. The plan of action was to do her regular nap time routine, put her down and then every time she got out of bed, place her back in. Pretty simple. So, we started off and it took quite awhile to get her to stop getting out of bed every 10 seconds. Then, finally, she was staying in her bed, so I sat on the rocking chair beside her bed to wait there until she fell asleep. I was reading a book and nearly nodding off myself when suddenly someone's fingers were lightly rubbing my back and whispering, "Honey, Honnney, Honnnnnnneeey." I turned around and there was little Ellie standing on her bed reaching over to rub my back. It was nearly impossible not to laugh. Little Ellie has just started referring to me and her Daddy as "Honey." I guess she thought she could sweet talk me into letting her out of her bed ;-D. After a few days of the toddler bed, we decided to go back to the crib for a few more months. Hmm...maybe the sweet talking worked!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...