Thursday, April 7, 2011

Staycation and Thrift Finds

Yep, I'm still on "staycation". Of course we're not exactly staying home every second of every day, but for the most part, we've been home or visiting family. I'm loving it! It's been so good to chill out at home, order pizza in, hot tub at my parent's house, go out with my hubby while my sister babysits one night, etc. We've even tackled the disaster in our basement. We've got a long way to go yet, but it is slowly coming together. I would love to get more organized. It is an ongoing process.

I went shopping for a bit today and was super pumped to buy 2 pairs of shoes for a total of $3 at Liquidation World. I also found a really nice white purse for $5 on clearance. Maybe I'll share some pictures sometime. Too much work today though - I'm on staycation, remember?! :-D I really like finding great deals. For a long time, I've been wanting to put together a "love box" to store me and my hubby's keepsakes such as love letters we wrote each other, special cards and notes, etc. Things that are just a testament of our marriage and love. I happened to find a memory box for $5 at Liquidation World the other day and finally bought it today. I'm hoping it will work for a "love box".

Oh yeah, and this afternoon we attempted to switch Ellie out of her crib and into a toddler bed. Wow. That didn't go so well. Um...4 1/2 hours later, she finally was sleeping in there. Yeah, not so much fun. I have to find a way to become more stubborn than her. My theme verse right now is definitely Galatians 6:9 "And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart." The other night we were visiting some family and I spent 2 hours putting her to bed. Yes, 2 hours. 2 miserable, challenging, and tiring hours. I needed to win this battle, however. And I did. Finally. There may or may not have been some silent tears shed by this frustrated and tired mother. Galatians 6:9 kept me going.

And now this post has morphed into a bit of a random post. I need to get off the internet and back to my staycation. HUGE kudos to my sister for putting Ellie to bed 10 minutes before we got home from our date night supper!! THANK YOU!! Now, I'm off to start on a sewing project I've been wanting to do for a long time now... this toddler ruffle skirt here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...