Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Books, Books, Books!

Sometimes I get on these "kicks" where I get a little...shall we say...crazy about certain things. For example, all of a sudden I'll get into this organizing mode where I have to organize everything from top to bottom and I'll do that for a whole week. Or, I'll decide I want to try new recipes and then go crazy making new things for an entire week. Then, I'll decide that I want to learn about canning and spend a long time researching everything there is to know about canning. It seems I just want to know about so many things, but there is only so much time in a day! The challenge is making sure I take care of my household tasks and keep my husband and my daughter's needs #1 and not get too carried away with learning new things.

Lately, I've been on this reading kick. There are WAY too many books that I really want to read. Pretty much all of them are non-fiction. I don't know why I want to read all of them at once, though. LOL. So, this afternoon I took a walk to our library and took out the book Nourishing Traditions. I can hardly wait to get started on it, but it is really thick. The only problem is that I have also recently started reading a book by Warren Smith and am in the middle of reading Preparing to be a Help Meet (although I already am a help meet :-) ) by Debi Pearl. In fact, Preparing to be a Help Meet has a list of Mrs. Pearl's recommended books for young women to read to expand their knowledge on various topics. Now I have even more books I want to read! Too many books - not enough time!
Well, it's a beautiful spring day right smack in the middle of a very rainy forecast, so I'm off to help hubby set up our patio set.

Then maybe I'll enjoy one of my books while sitting outside on the deck with our patio set! :-)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...