Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Lots to Catch Up On

Wow, we have had a VERY busy past few days. Hubby had 5 days off, so we spent lots of time as a family, visited with a lot of extended family, and even went on a little holiday.

Here's a summary of the events of our last 5 days.

Wednesday:
  • Last day of hubby's 10 day work stretch! YAY!!
  • We decided to go on a last-minute planned holiday and got a few details sorted out.
  • We rushed to plant our garden in the evening. (Hope it turns out!)
Thursday:
  • Left early in the morning for a little family holiday
  • Arrived at destination and did some shopping
  • Went out to eat and then relaxed at the hotel
  • Went hot tubbing at the hotel
  • Started having some car trouble :-(
Friday:
  • My sweet hubby brought me breakfast in bed (pancakes, yogurt, coffee) at the hotel
  • Did a bit more shopping
  • Ate out again
  • Played in the kiddies pool with baby and used hot tub again
  • Did lots of praying that the car would get us around the city and home again
Saturday:
  • I got breakfast in bed... again!! :-)
  • Left for home in morning
  • Had an extra long trip with our car trouble
  • Prayed going up every hill that we would make it to the next town as we were often driving in the middle of nowhere!
  • Thankfully made it home safely (around supper time) without the car breaking down! Praise the Lord!
  • Took 15 minutes to unpack and unwind and then headed out again to visit with my husband's extended family who were visiting over the long weekend
  • Got home late and crashed into bed
Sunday:

  • Went to church in the morning
  • Borrowed my parents' truck to use while our car is out of commission
  • Went out to eat after church with my family and some extended family that were visiting
  • Went out to visit my grandparents to see some extended family that we hadn't seen in a very long time (it had been 4-5 years since we had seen some of them)
  • Went out to my parent's farm to see my other grandparents who were visiting this weekend, too! (Hadn't seen them in over a year!)
  • Went back to my grandparents' house for about an hour
  • Headed home very late and crashed into bed again!
Monday
  • Slept in a bit
  • Bought a patio set for our deck to enjoy in the summer
  • Fiddled around with the car a bit
  • Headed out to visit some family
  • Watched the Flyers beat the Montreal Canadiens and win the series (YAY!)
  • Played a game and visited with family
  • Headed home and went to bed
It's been such a busy past few days that I feel like I need a holiday from our holidays! :-) Today I'm just trying to catch up on laundry, finish unpacking, and hopefully bake some cookies tonight. Tomorrow we are getting our car looked at.
Also in family news, our baby recently started pulling herself up and waving back to us! She is crawling around like crazy and is keeping me on my toes!

Today is a very yucky day outside. It's been windy, cold, and rainy lately. I really hope my tomatoes and peppers are okay since it has been below freezing the last 2 nights. I still have a few left inside to plant just in case the ones outside die.
Well, I think my laundry load is done now, so my break is up!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...