Wednesday, May 19, 2010

My First Sewing Project


I finally finished my first sewing project with my own sewing machine - curtains for our bedroom. They are very, very simple curtains sewn out of two bedsheets. Far from perfect, but I'm pretty happy with how they turned out. I hardly had any clue as to what I was doing. I just "winged it" for the most part with a few tips from my Mom along the way. I had to read through my manual to refresh my memory as to how to thread the sewing machine, but once I got going, I really enjoyed it. One thing I did learn - make good use of the iron and press as you go as it makes sewing much easier. I'll probably have a few pairs of pants to hem and then after that, maybe I'll try sewing an outfit for my baby girl.

Well, my husband is off work for 5 days now after working 26 out of the past 29 days (I think), so I'll be taking a short blogging break and enjoying our time together. He told me today, "Our holidays start today, so don't be afraid to have a treat!" LOL.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...