Saturday, May 15, 2010

Go Flyers!

Yes, this is perhaps a very lame and oh-so-not-meaningful post, but I wanted to post it, nonetheless.

I must confess that I am a bit of a hockey fan. Watching and playing sports is something my husband and I enjoy doing together. My husband has been a Philadelphia Flyers fan for a very long time (even though we're Canadian), and so when I married him I went from a Leafs fan to a Flyers fan. Any avid hockey fans out there know just how amazing it is the Flyers beat out the Bruins yesterday after they had been down 3-0 in the series. Besides that, they were down 3-0 in the first period yesterday and came back and scored 4 unanswered goals to win the game and series 4-3 in game 7. Unfortunately, we had to miss all of this. Yes, it's true. Although we are big Flyers fans, hockey does not control our life, and my husband was scheduled to work the evening yesterday, so he missed the game. Furthermore, we do not have cable or satellite tv, so we didn't get the game at home here, so I missed the game, too. I did, however, check the internet for the score update and actually "watched" the last 2 minutes count down (not really watching, but reading the live play-by-play and time tick down). My baby was laughing like crazy as she saw her nervously excited mother act very...well...nervously excited. LOL.

Now the two worst teams in the East will play each other in the eastern conference finals in, what has been, one of the strangest NHL playoffs of all time. The Philadelphia Flyers will be playing the only Canadian team remaining, the Montreal Canadiens, who have had an incredible playoff run this year, too, knocking off the overwhelming favourite to win the Cup (the Washington Capitals) in the first round. Enough of my hockey analysis.

I can hardly wait until Thursday. After Wednesday, my husband will have worked 26 out of the past 29 days! He has been SO busy at work. But then after Wednesday, he gets 5 days off!!! YAY! Hopefully we will get our garden planted then. It is finally nice weather around here again and all the snow is gone. Speaking of nice weather, I want to do some yard work today, so I need to get going.

Go Flyers!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...