Thursday, May 6, 2010

When the Lost Come to Your Door

What do you do when those who are lost and desperately deceived come knocking at your door?

We are told to always be ready to give an answer for the hope that we profess.

They were nice ladies, well-dressed and kind, but desperately deceived. It was just last night during our Bible Study one of my friends had mentioned that a Jehovah's Witness came to her business the other day, so we had discussed a bit about what JW's believe and how to biblically respond to them and had prayed for opportunities to share. Then this morning two Jehovah's Witnesses came to my door! In the 4 months we've lived here, this is the first visit I've had from them.

I was upfront right away that I am a Bible-believing, born again Christian, and so I invited them in to talk. I saw it as an opportunity to try to share with these poor ladies who the true Jesus is.

Our talk was fairly brief, about 10-15 minutes. We read several passages from the Bible. I tried to think off the top of my head as many passages as I could that refer to the Trinity and the deity of Christ. I also mention the failed prophecies of the Watchtower Society, proving that the Society is not from God. I notice that they basically ignore that and all the passages that we read referring to Christ's deity and just try to focus my attention to a few verses either taken out of context or referring to Jesus's nature as man (which are correct - Jesus is both man AND God).

Then, my baby starts getting fussy, my timer for my bread is going off, and things just don't seem to be getting anywhere, so I offer them a Bible tract for JW's, which they politely refuse, and they leave. They said they might come back again sometime. Whether or not they will, I don't know. So, I offer up a prayer to the Lord Jesus Christ, praying that perhaps something I said or read from the Bible would stir up doubt in their heart about their false religion. I also get busy - studying the Bible more, learning about how to biblically respond to JW's, and trying to get a tract put together with Bible verses for the next time the lost come right to my door.

Read this to find out if you have the true Jesus.

Italic

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...