Monday, May 2, 2011

Mommy Moment Mondays



Lately Ellie has been copying everything I do. Her new favourite thing...putting on makeup, or at least attempting to! She is constantly going in my hair and makeup drawer and pretending to put gel in her hair or powder her cheeks. I caught her attempting to use the eyelash curler once but had to put an end to that one as I don't even want to think about what kind of nasty stuff is on there. It's pretty funny and cute, but it is also a sober reminder that she is truly watching everything I do, so I had better be careful. It lends credibility to the idea that children do as they see not as you say. That's not to say they shouldn't also do as you say! Of course they need to learn to obey, but the point is that if you are going to "talk the talk" you'd better "walk the walk."

The picture is a recent one of her. I love it because it looks so daydream-y. Too bad it's a tad blurry.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...