Sunday, May 1, 2011

Menu Plan Monday (May 2)

Happy Election Day to all my fellow Canadians. Remember to get out and vote!

I'm really try to steer my family toward healthier eating habits (more whole grains & fruits & veggies), but I haven't been doing the greatest job of that lately. My husband's on board, so as long as the food tastes good, I think we'll be okay! The plan is to prepare a veggie & dip tray to keep in the fridge for a quick snack that will likely last us almost a week.

For Ellie's meals, she will basically be eating what we're eating, but I'll adapt her's slightly as needed. I've also been in a recipe slump lately, so I'm going to try a few new things in the next while. The recipes sound a lot fancier than I'm used to, but they really don't look like they take a lot of time to make, so I'm willing to give it them a try. Here's the plan for this week with healthier eating in mind:

Sunday, May 1
BLTs, Sweet Potato Fries

Monday, May 2
Going out to eat

Tuesday, May 3
Mediterranean Linguini with Grilled Chicken (I'm going to try making my own recipe), Caesar Salad

Wednesday, May 4
Slow Cooker Pomegranate-Cranberry Beef (adapted from here), Mashed Potatoes, Spinach & Strawberry Salad (recipe to come)

Thursday, May 5
Leftovers

Friday, May 6
Mango-Glazed Salmon with Spinach Salad, Brown Rice

Saturday, May 7
Something simple

Desserts/Canning/Other
Half Hour Jam (didn't get made last week - hopefully can get to it this week)
Rhubarb Crisp

*For more great meal ideas, visit Menu Plan Monday hosted by orgjunkie.com*

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...